Thursday, August 9, 2007

Earlville Softball is finally over!







Yay Softball is over!!!! I can not tell you how crazy this summer has been! Our little softball team did pretty well this year. We only had 10 girls, which was really hard when they had vacations! We pulled some girls up from our younger teams to play. I'm still trying really had to have the new softball field built in Earlville. Its taking FOREVER! This field will be only for the girls! ITS ABOUT TIME!
The girls improved so much from the start of the year. Alyssa did really well too. Her pitching has gotten so much better. And she doesn't look at her mom after every pitch! I had a couple of girls that have never played a sport in their lives! Hopefully this will get them to be more active.

I tried to keep it fun for the girls this year- Learning how to slide with a slip-n-slide (they loved that) making a RACE out of everything- parents throwing water balloon at them at the end of the game-singing CRAZY cheers and running around like maniacs!
We had our end-of year cookout last Friday-I had a photographer take pics of the team so I gave everyone some copies-we had a crazy awards ceremony E.G. Hit the most batters with a pitch (ALYSSA) Best use of the equipment (DELANEY she got hit in the head a lot while batting) Best stop of a grounder by your face (OLIVIA long story)And so on. Then my team and I played a softball game against the parents. That was awesome. When I told them not to let them off 3rd they really didn't. They were jumping on their Dad's and tackling them left and right! It was so much fun and we won of coarse!
My hope is that they had fun this year and that THEY ACTUALLY LEARNED SOMETHING!

It's the best feeling in the world when you overhear one of your players saying to another one exactly what you have been telling them all year! Bring a tear to the eye! I get all choked up! JK! Anyway I HAD FUN and got to act like a big kid. Is that any different from everyday?.........

No comments: